- IDSP is a Decentralized District-based System of weekly surveillance for communicable Diseases so that timely and effective Public Health actions can be initiated in response to the incidence of Disease Outbreaks in the urban and rural Areas.
- Started in Jammu & Kashmir during FY 2006-2007 under NSPCD (National Surveillance Programme for communicable Diseases).
- To Detect early warning signals of impending outbreaks.
- To Integrate, Co-ordinate and Decentralize surveillance activities
- To establish system for quality Data collection, Reporting, Analysis and Feedback using IT.
- To improve Laboratory Support for disease surveillance
- Strengthening of Epidemiological capabilities at State and District level by training of District RRT and Health personnel at the periphery.
- Modernization and Computerization of State & District Epidemiology cell.
- Strengthening of State / District Laboratories.
- Improving Sub-District Mobility and Communication.
- IEC Activities.
- Early Detection of Outbreaks.
- Early Institution of Containment Measures.
- Reduction in Morbidity & Mortality.
- Minimize Economic loss.
Rapid Response Force
Laboratory Surveillance of Communicable Disease
Testing Facility 1 :
District Priority Laboratory DPL, JLNM Hospital, Srinagar
Testing Facility 2:
Provincial Public Health Laboratory PHL, State Surveillance Unit, Srinagar .
Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI) -
Inf. A, B, Inf. A H1N1,Measles,Chicken pox, Acute Respiratory,Diphtheria,Pneumonia,Meningococcal Meningitis
Water Borne Disease- Enteric Fever,Hepatitis A,E, Diarrhea, Dysentery,Typhoid Fever,Cholera,Fever of Unknown origin
Vector Borne Disease-
Surveillance during Disasters-
Hospital Infection Control-
for control of Nosocominal infection
Water Quality Monitoring-
To check the contamination of drinking water